Thursday, September 3, 2009

Deserving Liberty

"every country has the government it deserves."
-
joseph de maistre-

i want freedom. unabashed freedom with infinite choices, infinite ways for failure, infinite was for success. do i deserve it?

no.

i don't watch the news regularly. i've only voted in one election that wasn't a presidential election. i haven't read the constitution since my senior year of high school when it was required. i've never written my congressman about an issue i felt strongly about. i don't watch presidential debates or follow the primary elections. i don't listen to NPR. I don't pay attention to glenn beck or arianna huffington.

i mind my own business.

and it's not enough.

lately, i've felt the need to become more informed. to become more involved. to become a patriot, a warrior, a champion of the constitution. and that doesn't involve following a certain news program or radio show.

it involves thinking. asking myself the tough questions and finding the answers i feel to be right. and fighting for those things.

this is my journey. my test to become worthy and deserving of the greatest thing on this earth: freedom.


do you deserve it?

No comments: